Friday, April 16, 2010

Germany

Hey everyone! I'll be headed to Germany in less than two weeks, as soon as finals finish. Just introducing myself and my internship:

I will be a Junior this upcoming fall semester studying Chemical Engineering. My internship is in Halle, Germany, a medium sized town an hour and a half south west of Berlin. I will be working in a company that manufactures pure Organic chemicals, not exactly sure what I'll be doing yet, but I'm planning on brushing up on my Organic Chemistry quite a bit (haven't studied it since freshman year and I don't remember enough!).

I have been conversing with some AIESECers in Halle through email, and I am very excited to meet them as they are to meet me. I don't know any German, so getting around should be interesting to say the least. They are still figuring out my living situation, but other than that my health insurance, flight ticket and work permit have all been figured out.

Well I'll probably put my next post up after my first day there or something. Hasta la vista!

No comments:

Post a Comment